Monday, February 6, 2017

2/6/17: Time to Get Back on MY Program

We arrived on December 16th, starting working for Steve Lambert as innkeepers-in-training on December 19th, and took over the Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast as co-innkeepers at 8:00PM on New Year's Eve.  It has been a crazy 7 weeks.  It is now time to reorient myself and start focusing on my health.

Up to this point I have been single focused on everything that is entailed with running the inn.  This encompasses everything from how to clean a jacuzzi tub for two (you have to climb in the damn things) to learning how to run a business with Carla.  What I have not been focused on is my diet and my exercise program.

I have not found time to cook healthy meals and I have not found time to exercise.  Starting today, I will do both of those things.

I can't seem to stay committed to my health without blogging about it.  So that will start today, too.

I don't have a scale.  I will buy one today.  I have no idea how much I weigh.

So, it has started.  I will blog regularly, weigh daily, lift weights three days a week, get outside and hike or ski or do something physical three days a week, and eat healthy food.

There is no point in becoming an innkeeper if I can't be healthy doing it.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Rb

2 comments:

  1. "Back in the saddle again....." You inspire me EVERY time I read a post from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda. I can't explain exactly why I need the help from my blog to stay on track. Perhaps it is because, as my sister says, I still have food issues. There is something about the accountability AND the community support that really makes a difference!! When I know people are reading and cheering for me, it helps a lot! When are you coming to visit?

      Delete