Tuesday, February 7, 2017

2/7/17: Yesterday was a Bust

OK, OK, yesterday was bad...when it comes to food and exercise.  I ate too much, I ate the wrong foods, and I did not exercise.  But, and this is a big BUT, because I put up a blog post yesterday, I thought about it all day.  And I knew I needed to figure out a plan to get back on track.

This morning I woke up committed to my program.  I ate breakfast first.  Somehow I forgot how much I like to eat breakfast before I do anything else.  This innkeeping thing is different.  We get up in the morning and make coffee and breakfast, for 24 other people.  And somewhere around 10:00 I realize I haven't eaten and that I've only had half a cup of coffee.  At that point I'll eat some eggs and have a cup of coffee, but that never satisfies me and I end up eating a muffin, thinking that one muffin won't hurt, then perhaps I'll have a second or I'll just snack my way through the rest of the day.

It is my day off today, so it is not a fair representation of the way things will be, but I woke up at 5:00, in spite of it being a day off.  I woke up early to lift weights, but I really didn't want to go in our little gym.  Then it occurred to me that I should eat breakfast first.  That's what I did in Kansas City.  I can do it here, too.  So I padded downstairs to our great big kitchen in my PJs and slippers and made myself a nice Whole 30 breakfast and enjoyed a cup of coffee.  After that, working out didn't seem like such a bad idea.  Today is off to a great start!  A healthy breakfast, a good workout, and a blog post.  I plan on going for a beautiful walk to day in the snow to a favorite local destination called Diana's Bath.  It is truly beautiful up here.  I am looking forward to going outside for a spell.

Until tomorrow.

Rb

No comments:

Post a Comment