Saturday, October 12, 2013

10/12/13: Been a Little Busy and House Guests!

I haven't put up a post for a few days.  My dad and Kay came to visit for a couple of days and for the few days before their visit I was using my evenings and mornings to get chores does around the house.  My plan was to get my chores done last weekend, but I let my weekend get consumed by my kitchen reorganization project and there was no time left for cleaning.  It all worked out well, though.  Now I have a much more functional kitchen and the house is clean.  It's all good.

We had a very nice visit with Dad and Kay.  They didn't stay long, but it was nice to have a chance to visit, share a few meals, play a game, have them visit my work, and just in general get caught up.  They are both looking great and seem to be feeling good.  Probably the best news is that Kay came across a set of exercises that is relieving some of her chronic back pain.  Kay also had a great idea for improving the little shower in our guest bathroom for a not very large investment.  I am going to have to start working on that!  All in all it was a great visit.  Now they are off to Topeka for my dad's 60th high school reunion.

I am happy to report that I have finally broken through the 154 barrier.  Yesterday I weighed 152.6 pounds!!  I have been more strict with my diet for the last several days and it has made a big difference.  It's good to see the scale moving again.  It's funny how much difference this last 5 pounds has made.  I bought most of my pants when I weighed 152 - 153 pounds and they fit perfectly.  They were comfortable, but not loose.  They looked good and felt good.  Then I let my weight creep up to the 155 - 156 pound range and stay there for a while.  My pants then felt a little too snug, even though I tried not to admit it, I knew it was true.  Now that I am back around 152, my pants fit perfectly again.  Yes, a few pounds makes a big difference.  I know I've said it before, but buying clothes that fit is a huge motivator for not gaining weight back.  The only elastic I own is in my pajamas and workout clothes.  It is the way to go.

That's it for now.  It's 11:30 on Saturday morning and it is a gorgeous day out.  I just wanted to take a second and put up a quick post since I haven't written anything in a while.  Perhaps I will have a chance to write more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment