Thursday, October 3, 2013

10/3/13: A Little Progress

This morning I weighed 153.6 pounds.  I've been ready to drop below 154.0 for a while now.  This feels like a little progress.  I'm still about a pound above my goal line.  I think it will take me a couple of weeks to drop below it,  but at least I am on the right trajectory, now.

I've had to be very disciplined about my food to lose weight after getting to 155.  This next 13.6 pounds is not going to be easy, but losing it before the end of the year is an achievable goal.  I'm setting my target weight to get to do some clothes shopping at 145.0.  That's only 8.6 pounds!!  I figure that will take 6 weeks or so.  Perhaps I can get some new clothes before we head to Sonoma for Thanksgiving.

Bowling was uneventful last night, when it came to food and drink.  I didn't eat anything and I drank water.  Can't get less eventful than that, can you?  I bowled pretty well, above my average all three games, and our team did OK, bowling above our team average two out of three games; but we didn't win any points.  The team we bowled against was bowling lights out!!  We bowl with 5 person teams and the second game their team score was 1002 and their third game it was 1013.  Pretty impressive scores!!!  Their team average is something like 800.  It's hard to beat a team that is bowling 200+ pins above their average, even with a handicap.  Ah well, we had a good time, anyway.

No exercise this morning, I like Thursdays to be my normal rest days because of bowling on Wednesday night.  I think I will take a walk or do some other light exercise this evening though.  It is my goal to add a little light exercise to each evening.  It could be a walk, a swim, a short jog, push-ups and sit-ups, or something like that.  I'm talking about 30 minutes of something to get myself moving.  I think it will help.

Food was not much of an issue yesterday.  It is helping a lot that I did so much cooking over the weekend.  I have plenty of food to take to work and I don't have to worry about making choices once I get there.  Once I get home I am pretty much done eating for the day.  My schedule has worked out so that I eat breakfast at about 6:45, I eat my Greek yogurt with berries at about 11:00, I eat lunch around 1:00, and then I eat "dinner" between 4:00 and 5:00.  I will have a light snack when I get home from work, but I am done eating meals.  This helps me a lot, because right after work has traditionally been my worst time of day for food cravings.  When I eat before I come home, I am not at all hungry and I don't immediately start looking for food.

Yesterday I ate 1658 calories and 110 grams of protein.  That's right around where I want to be.

Here's to another good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment