Wednesday, October 2, 2013

10/2/2013: Yes I Did!

Yes, I did go swimming last night!  I knew it would help to put it in my blog and sure enough, when I got home from work I knew I had to go swimming, so I did.  My new suit helped, it's not too big and it felt good to wear a suit that fit.  I swam 30 laps.  After about 10 laps I decided to do flips turns instead of stopping at the wall.  One of the things that freaked me out about the open water swimming was the fact that I was used to touching a wall, if even for just a moment, every 25 meters.  By doing flip turns instead of stopping at the wall and turning around, I am not allowing myself the mini break of touching the wall. I think this will help me condition better to open water swimming.  I am not great at flip turns, but I imagine I will get a whole lot better at them in the months to come.  You can't do flip turns every time you swim and not get better at them, can you?

Yesterday I ate 1,792 calories and 110 grams of protein.  On Monday, I actually ate 1,632 calories and 80 grams of protein.  I had one of the portions wrong on Monday's food diary.  I ran five miles this morning and weighed 154.4 pounds.

No new struggles or insights this morning, so I guess I don't have a lot to write about.  I didn't really want to get out of bed and run this morning, but I did, anyway.  I suppose that's what it is all about, getting out there and doing it, even when you really don't feel like it. 

I didn't have any struggles with food yesterday.  I ate what I packed and wasn't craving anything else.  I had to tell myself to eat a little dinner when I got home from work in order to get the rest of my protein in for the day.  I usually like to eat at work and had packed a dinner, but I was so focused on my project that I didn't eat before I left for home.  It all worked out, OK.  I do like to eat a little earlier in the evening, though.

We bowl tonight, which has its pluses and minuses, when it comes to food.  First, it forces me to eat dinner early - that's a plus.  Also, I drink a lot of water when we bowl - another plus.  I usually bring popcorn for the team and usually I don't have any trouble not eating it, but last week I did eat too much popcorn - minus.  Also, a few of the team members drink beer, usually I don't, but last week I sipped on a beer - another minus.  It really isn't hard not to eat anything and not to drink beer, I just have to decide before I go that that is what I am going to do.  It helps if I brush my teeth before we leave, then I don't eat anything for the rest of the night.  I'll make sure I brush my teeth before we leave for bowling tonight.

I'm getting anxious to drop below 154.0 and to get below my goal line again.  This week!  It will happen this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment