Thursday, August 29, 2013

8/29/13: Late Start

Yesterday's calories:  1834 (234 above target)
Yesterday's protein:  112 grams (In target range - at least 100 grams a day)
This morning's exercise:  Day off.  Wednesdays are bowling days.  Thursdays will be my regular day off.
This morning's weight:  156.6 - I've lost 6.4 pounds of the silly 8 that I gained last week.  Only 1.6 pounds to go and I get to 155.0, which has been, more or less, my "standard weight" for the last 8 months.  I guess this is proof of the old adage, "Easy come, easy go."  After that last "easy" 1.6 pounds come off, I will be tackling a much more stubborn 15 pounds, I'm sure.

Jack and I picked up Steve from the airport at 11:30 last night, then I was at work from 12:30am to 2:30 am this morning.  I was back at the airport dropping Jack off at 5:30am, so I came home after that and took a bit of a nap.  That is the reason for the late start.

Calories?  What to do about calories?  It is very difficult to get 100 grams of protein in and eat less than 1600 calories a day.  I think I will change my calorie goal to between 1800 - 2000 calories a day.  Perhaps with the amount of exercising I am doing, that will be sufficient for a very gradual weight loss.

The protein is important because I don't want to lose any muscle while I lose this last 15 pounds.  I want to lose only fat, so that I am improving my strength as I lose weight.  I don't need to lose fat quickly, I need to lose it carefully.  I am taking the strength training very seriously, as well as the running, biking, and swimming. If I don't slowly lose weight at 1800 - 2000 calories a day, I can either increase the exercise, or decrease the calories. 

Let's see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. Good thinking! I need to focus more on my weight training too. I'm not signed up for a gym at the moment... I do have some free weights at home, but they are somewhat too light. I should get more and also do body weight.

    Here here to most of the eight pounds being shed! High five :)

    ReplyDelete