Tuesday, December 9, 2014

12/9/2014: A Little Sore, but That's OK

Date:  12/9/14
Weight:  170.6
Yesterday's Calories:  1575
Yesterday's Exercise:  70 minute strength training with new personal trainer

Yesterday was my first day working out with Lauren, a personal trainer at Gold's Gym.  I am a member of Gold's by default, since they bought out Aspen Fitness Center.  I purchased a 3 year membership for $450 (not bad, when you think about it!) and have another year left on that membership.  So I decided to see if I could find a trainer I like at Gold's.

I am going to the gym close to my work.  That means I have to eat breakfast before I leave and shower and get ready for work at the gym.  This is not my favorite thing to do and is something I resisted for a while, but it worked out OK yesterday except for forgetting to bring a towel.  It's not a lot of fun to dry off with paper towels, but I made do.

I liked Lauren.  She is fairly young but she is enthusiastic about her chosen profession.  She recently graduated from K State with a degree in physiology, or something like that.  She is very eager to do her job well.  We established May 3, 2015 at my target date for reaching 150 pounds.  I showed her my before and after pictures from my get fit initiative so she would know where I came from and where I want to get to.  The workout yesterday was vigorous and seemed to be a good combination of exercises for the whole body.  I am a bit sore today, which is to be expected.  I think working with Lauren may work out well.  I'll keep you posted.

Counting calories helps me so much.  It is liberating, in a way.  Rather than constantly asking myself if I can eat something I just check my phone to see how many calories I have left for the day.  That answers my question for me.  It's funny how much easier it is to moderate my food intake when every calorie goes into the phone.  I need to think a lot about why I stopped this particular practice.

Well, it's 8:00 already and I have to go to work.  More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment