Wednesday, December 10, 2014

12/10/2014: Yesterday was not a great day

Date:  12/10/14
Weight:  171.0
Yesterday's Exercise:  None
Yesterday's Calories:  1675

My plan was to run yesterday.  I woke up yesterday morning, feeling as snug as a bug in a rug and the thought of getting out of bed to run in the cold was simply appalling.  I tried to talk myself into it and instead I talked myself into deciding to sleep for another hour and running after work.  Ha!  As if that ever works.  It seemed so reasonable as I was lying in bed.  "Oh, I'll just run after work.  It'll be warmer then."  I said to myself.  Yeah, right.  By the time I got home and made dinner and ate dinner, there was no way I was getting back outside.  Lesson learned...again!

By the way, dinner last night was good!  I cooked our wild caught Alaskan king salmon a different way.  I rubbed the salmon with a dry rub of cumin, onion powder, salt, paprika, pepper, and chili powder, and cooked it under the broiler for eight minutes.  I served the salmon over quinoa, topped with an avocado chutney made with cubed avocado, finely chopped onion, parsley and lemon juice.  The recipe called for cilantro and lime juice, but I didn't have either of those things so I substituted the parsley and lemon juice.  It was really delicious!!  I served it with a side of steamed broccoli.  I get to have the leftovers for lunch today, which I am looking forward to.

I snacked more yesterday than I should have, which led to the 1675 calories.  My goal is to keep calories between 1500 and 1600.  Ah well.  No exercise and too much food led to the undesirable results on the scale.  Go figure!  Who would have thought such a thing could happen?

Today is a new day.  I am not looking forward to going to the gym, exactly, but I am not dreading it.  This will be the first day that I am doing Lauren's workout on my own.  I hope the gym is not crowded.  I guess I am about to find out.  I'll keep calories within my goal range.  It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment