Thursday, January 11, 2018

1/11/2018: Wintry Mix

Wintry Mix sort of sums it all up today.  Yesterday was warm, but breezy, so I was able to go on my 2 mile walk after my 1 hour workout, I just had to bundle up a little bit to protect against the wind.  It started raining last night and the cold front is moving in as I type.  By the time this post is done we will probably be getting freezing rain, then sleet and then snow and the temperature is going to drop into the teens later today.  I doubt that I will be going for a walk, today.

My workout yesterday was solid, I saved all of the workouts that I did with Loren and I am just working my way through them.  I have about a year's worth of workouts that get progressively more difficult, so it should work out well.  I turn on the TV and watch a silly series on Netflix while I work out.  It makes the time go by quicker.  It's actually a decent incentive for working out, because I don't watch the series unless I am working out, so when I want to find out what happens next, I have to start lifting weights.  This series should get me through the first month of workouts, then I will have to find something else.  Netflix is great for this sort of thing.

The diet side of getting well remains the most difficult part for me.  The addiction to sugar is tough to break.  At 10:00AM this morning I will be at 48 hours without anything sweet.  I think I feel a little better today.  My feet and my joints didn't complain quite as much when I got out of bed this morning.  I'll give it a 3.25 out of 10.

I broke out the RC Hospitality books yesterday.  Unfortunately, when my computer died last year they didn't retrieve my 2016 QuickBooks records off of my old machine, so I am reentering that data, first.  Luckily, I have the printed backup, so I just need to code everything the same way and it should be fine.  I didn't run a general ledger, unfortunately, I only ran a trial balance, so I have a little forensic accounting work to do, but it shouldn't be too bad.  I need to get everything entered in exactly the same, though, so it ties to last year's tax returns, before I start entering in the information for 2017.  There is not that much activity in either year, just enough to be a pain in the neck.  I expect to be able to get it all done and have our taxes filed by the end of the month.

I'll spend most of the morning working with Lisseth on Bernerhof Inn books, so I need to sign off now and get the breakfast dishes done before she calls.  I'll probably work out around 1:00, after she signs off to go to a meeting.  The day will be relatively busy, but that's a good thing.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment