Wednesday, January 17, 2018

1/17/2018: Thank you!

I enjoyed reading all of the comments about the properties I listed yesterday.  I was a little surprised by the responses.  The biggest surprise was that the O-Bar-O Cabins Property on the Florida River wasn't more of a favorite.  China Clipper Inn appears to be the favorite, so far, with the Apple Orchard Inn close behind and the Abineau Lodge coming in third.  The O-Bar-O Cabins and the Kelly Place Inn were a distant 4th and 5th.  We spent a little more time researching Ouray (the home of the China Clipper Inn) last night, including its proximity to the nearest real grocery store.  The answer to that question is it is about a 45 minute drive to Montrose, which is the closest decent sized town.  That's not too bad, but it is a real drive, so we would have to be careful about making our grocery lists!!  Probably my biggest concern about Ouray is that the town is so small, with a population of 1000 in 2010.  There is a lot to do in the area, though, and tourism is vibrant in the area.  It is a real possibility.

We hope to add additional properties to our potentials list prior to our March road trip.  If you have suggestions for towns or specific properties in Colorado or anywhere in the 4 corners region, let me know.  An inn doesn't have to be "for sale" to be for sale; so all leads are welcome!

I'm still sugar free.  I'm not loving it, I'd rather be able to eat whatever the hell I want to eat, but life just doesn't work that way.  At the end of the day, I'd rather be healthy for the long run then eat sweets right now.

I've got books to do, so I'm going to sign off for now.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment