Saturday, January 13, 2018

1/13/2018: Three Day Weekend!!

Jack has Monday off so today is the beginning of a three day weekend for us.  We don't have much planned yet.  I mean, we just now are getting into our new routines, so it actually feels a little weird to have a three day weekend when we are barely getting used to me living at home again.  We're going to go to the movies this morning and spend part of the day bowling and playing other games.  I'm not sure what else we will do for the rest of the weekend.  Play games, explore a little, get our grocery shopping done, anything but eat sweets!

My ski trip with Ruth is starting to take shape.  After doing a bit of research it looks like we will be staying with our cousin, Patty, in Norwood for the entire week.  There is a $3 shuttle from Norwood to Telluride, for skiing.  It'll probably be about a 45 minute ride.  I researched hotels and inns in Telluride and they were all ridiculously expensive and they all had very mixed reviews.  I didn't really want to stay at any of the inns that I researched.  I'm glad this is the way it is working out.  We'll have fun hanging out with Patty and Matt, visiting and playing games in the evenings, we'll get to break up our ski days if we want to, and it will give us a home base for checking out the inns on our list.

I have 5 or 6 inns, now, that I am planning on checking out on my road trip.  All but one are in the southwest corner of Colorado, and the last one is in Flagstaff.  Each one of the inns appeals to me in a different way.  I am glad that I am going to be looking at several inns so that I don't get too excited about the possibility of one inn before I walk through another inn.  It will give me a decent perspective to look at several inns on one trip.  I am getting excited about it.

I had a good solid workout yesterday and I am beginning to feel a little stronger and a little more in control of myself.  My body doesn't hurt quite as much and I am getting some range of motion back.  Soon, I will start counting calories again.  This is a process.  Today is Day 5 with no sugar.

I'm still groggy from sleep so I am not feeling very creative at the moment.  I'm going to go ahead and sign off.  I just wanted to take this moment to post an update, to stay in the habit (and not fall off the wagon) over this long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment