Wednesday, January 10, 2018

1/8/2018: Not Exactly the January 1st start I was looking for, but close enough

I'm back in Kansas City, I have my desk area set up and ready to go, Jack is at Hallmark for the first full work-week of the year, and I am ready to start my new routine.  We got home on the 26th of December, unloaded the truck with Jon's help on the 27th, spent the next few days unpacking and getting me reoriented in my old world, and relaxing.  Jack didn't go back to work until Wednesday last week and for the three days that he worked I slept a little more than normal, slowly improved my diet, exercised a little, went to the eye doctor and the dentist, did a few minor home repairs, and made a couple feeble attempts at working.  We had a pleasant and relaxed weekend which included playing games, going to the movies, going to The Main Event (pool, shuffleboard, and arcade games), and doing a pretty decent hour-long workout for me.  I went to bed last night knowing that today would be my first real "work day" since leaving the Bernerhof.  Like most of us, I'm sure, I operate better with a little structure in my life.  My plan is to work while Jack is at work even though I don't actually have a job.

I have one last task I need to do for the Bernerhof.  I was paid through the 31st of December, even though my last day at the Bernerhof was the 22nd.  The agreement we came to was that for that fee, I would help Lisseth close the books for 2017.  That will happen this week.  We have already spent a couple of hours on the phone this morning updating and reconciling the checking account.  We will do the same for the credit card statement and then make the year end entries into QuickBooks for revenue, petty cash, etc.  Once we have all of that complete, we will turn the files over to Dick's tax accountant and I will make myself available to answer any questions that she has.  Then, I'll be done with the Bernerhof.

This post got interrupted and is therefore unfinished.  I am posting it anyway, a couple days later, so that I can put up a new post without repeating any of this information.

No comments:

Post a Comment