Wednesday, February 17, 2016

2/17/2016: Starting Over

I am finally exercising again.  I tried to start a couple of weeks ago, but it was too soon and I paid the price with way too many aches and pains.  I had to admit that I was not quite ready.

Over the weekend I noticed that I was feeling almost normal.  I could still tell I had surgery several weeks ago, but my movements were no longer restricted and my gut didn't actually hurt anymore.  So I decided to give it another go.

Yesterday I stretched and lifted weights.  Today I went for a jog/walk/run.  I am starting all over again.  My weights are light and I am doing fewer reps.  I am taking it easy on the core exercises.  I only went for a two mile "jog" this morning and I could not run anywhere close to the entire two miles.  I walked, then I jogged, and then I walked, and then I did a few short sprints, and then I walked, and then I jogged, and then I walked some more.  It will be a while until I can build back up to a four mile run.  My short term goal is to be ready for kickball in four weeks.  I do not want to hurt myself.

There is other stuff to talk about, but it is getting late already.  I'll blog some more tomorrow.

Have a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment