Thursday, February 11, 2016

Thursday, 2/11/2016: Bowling Night

Last night was bowling night and I was able to bowl all three games!  Last week I could only bowl the first two before I had to quit.  Yesterday, I started the evening still feeling sore from trying on clothes on Saturday, so I was concerned that I wouldn't make it through all three games.  But the pain never got any worse and I was able to bowl fairly well.  I even averaged about 160 pins per game!  I can't complain about that.  The most difficult part is actually picking up the ball.  I'm happy to be able to notice an improvement over last week.  Maybe by next week I'll feel almost normal.

Kickball starts in four weeks.  I am anxious about that.  I won't be up to snuff because I haven't been running or lifting weights.  I thought I'd be working out by now, but it turns out my body isn't quite ready for all of that.  I'm going to have to ease back into all of this a lot more gradually than I originally thought.

Other than that, my recovery continues to go according to schedule.  I am keeping up with the scar therapy and have found a bra to sleep in that is really comfortable.  The doctor said I didn't have to sleep in a bra, but I am finding that wearing the bra to bed is helping me sleep better.  It seems to be keeping some pressure off of the incisions under my breasts.

There's not much news to report.  It's February, what can I say.  The doldrums of winter have set in.

Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment