Tuesday, September 22, 2015

9/22/2015: I Feel So Good Today!

Today’s workout was called “Upper Body Release.”  The Black Fire series has you do 5 workouts a week and 2 “active” rest days.  Today’s active rest day routine was a 20 minute upper body self-massage using a foam roller and a tennis ball.  I don’t really have time this morning to describe all of the various exercises this morning before work, but they were really effective.  I was surprised how much better I felt when I was done with this short routine.  My upper body feels so much more relaxed, I’m sitting up straighter in my chair, and I am happier.  It’s kind of bizarre, but it’s a good kind of bizarre.  If anyone comments and tells me they are curious about the actual exercises, I’ll take the time to describe the entire routine.  Otherwise I’ll skip that boring stuff.

With regard to food, I’ve already run into some challenges.  Sunday was our first kickball day of the fall season.  Everyone brought snacks to share and we brought a cooler full of beer we had left over from Steve’s graduation party.  That’s the good news, we got rid of almost 2 cases of beer.  The bad news is I drank two of them.  And I had a few snacks.  Ugh.  I did fine until we got to the hour between games.  Then we were all standing around, socializing.  It was warm, the beers were cold, and they were tempting enough that I had one.  And then I had another.  And then, per usual, the alcohol lowered my resolve regarding food and I ate some snacks.  Predictably, I gained a pound.  I know that pound gained is inflammation (water weight) due to eating food and drinking alcohol that is not good for my body, but that inflammation is a sign that my body is working on processing out crap.  I’m not going to beat myself up about it, but I have reminded myself that this behavior doesn’t get me closer to my ultimate goal which is to weigh as close to 150 pounds as possible prior to surgery on 12/16/2015.  I really do want smallish boobs when this surgery is complete.  In order to have smallish boobs, I need to diet and exercise with consistency for this next (less than) 3 months.  That is not a very long time.  I can do anything for 85 days. 

This blog helps!!  I love sitting down and focusing on my goals for a few minutes every day. Thank you for being part of my journey.


Have a wonderful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment