Wednesday, September 23, 2015

9/23/15: What a Loss!

No, not my weight, the Royals!

Jackie won Diamond Club tickets to the Royals game last night, so that is where we spent our evening.  We had 4 tickets so Steve and his friend, Carolyn, joined us.

We lost the game, 2 to 11.  Guthrie gave up 9 runs (including 3 home runs) in the first three innings of the game.  The game was a disaster.  After we were down by 11 runs, Ned Yost decided to reenact the movie, The Replacements, and he pulled most of his starters and put in 2nd and 3rd string players.  That part was actually kind of fun.  It was good to see a bunch of players and pitchers we hadn't had a chance to see before, and they played better than the starters did.

My diet was a disaster,too.  I don't know why, but Jack was under the impression that we would have access to real food in the Diamond Club, so I did not eat dinner before we left.  I always eat dinner before going to the ball park.  So I showed up hungry, expecting to be able to get something at least close to On Program, and the menu consisted of typical Ball Park Fare.   So right then and there, within 10 minutes of entering the park, my diet was blown.  Sort of like the first inning for the Royals.  Ah well.  Such is life.

So the Royals sucked and I went off program, but all was not lost.  We had a wonderful time.  We enjoyed treating Carolyn to a special night at the K, right behind home plate, and we had a great time with Steve.  We laughed and cheered and booed and carried on all evening!  All in all, it was a special night.

We didn't get home till late, so I did not get out of bed until 5:15 this morning, much to late to exercise.

Today is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment