Monday, September 28, 2015

9/28/2015: Abstinence Day 6; Quick Business Trip Today - don't have time to blog

Sad but true, I don't have time to blog today.  I have to get to work, I hit the road at noon and will be driving the rest of the day.  I have a meeting in Illinois from 8:00am Tuesday morning till noon, and then I will head home.  When I get home, I will be hosting a dinner for Steve and Audrey because it is Steve's last night in the US before leaving for Samoa.  I cooked Tuesday's main course (curried meatballs and veggies) yesterday and just typed up instructions for Steve to heat up the meatball dish and cook the brown rice (no, I won't eat any rice) so it is ready to go when I get home.  I find this a little stressful.  I am completely relying on Steve and Jack to have the house ready, table set, food warmed up, etc...  I hope to get home at 6:00, throw together a tossed salad, and be cook, calm and collected to host a little dinner party.  Ah, the trials of the modern family.

I have already cooked three of the dishes this week and I have packed 2 lunches and a dinner for my road trip.  The only meal I will have to "eat out" is tomorrow's breakfast.  That is fairly safe.  Eggs and fruit.

I received a wonderful email from a family member yesterday that came about partly as a result of my blogging.  Wow!!  Thank you so much.  It was so nice to get all the news and get caught up a little bit.  I will respond, soon!!

Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment