Sunday, September 30, 2012

9/30/12: Week 31 photo, Running Record, and Good Bye 170s!

9/30/12 - 31 Weeks and 55.2 Pounds Later

I can't believe I'm tucking in my shirt.  I never thought that would happen again!  But since this t-shirt is a little baggy it looked better tucked in, so tucked in, it is!  Jack and I took all of my too big clothes to Goodwill yesterday.  It felt great to get rid of them!  When I've lost weight before, if something was too big I would push it to the back of my closet.  Not so this time.  I am so confident that I am going to maintain this weight loss that every time I put something on and it looks like crap because it's too big, I pull it out of my closet for good.  As of today there is very little left in my closet, but since I still have 18.8 pounds to lose, I'm not buying a lot of new clothes yet.

18.8 pounds?  Did I say that?  Oh yeah, that's right!  I weighed 168.8 pounds this morning!  Yeah!!  I am still a little above my trend line, but not much, and I have lost all of the travel weight gain plus some!  It is very exciting to be in the 160s!  I feel like I am in the home stretch.  I have averaged 8 pounds per month, so by November 1st chances are I'll be inching into the 150s.  Woo Hoo!!  How exciting is that?

My last little bit of news is I set a new running record yesterday.  Jack and I mapped out a 6.4 (actually almost 6.5) mile course yesterday and I ran the entire course, without walking any of it, in 1 hour and 15 minutes!  That's slightly better than 12 minute miles!  I felt pretty good about that.  Now I know I can run the distance, swim the distance, and bike the distance.  All I have to do it put it all together!

4 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you and happy for you! This would be a good time in my liife to be somewhat competitive, but I'm not. :) you are going to weigh less that me SOON! You look AMAZING! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules! Nope, it's not a competition, we are both doing this in our own way. I'm looking forward to reaching goal! I know you are, too, and you'll get there in your own time

      Delete
  2. Wow. Keep it up. Tuck it in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep on tucking!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete