Wednesday, April 10, 2013

4/10/2013: Not Much New These Days

I am 13 weeks into Phase II of my Get Fit Initiative, my chart for the 2nd quarter of 2013 is up, and I am maintaining my exercise regimen.  Monday I swam 1500 meters, yesterday I lifted weights for an hour with my trainer, and this morning I ran 4 miles.  I didn't exercise Sunday because of my big brick on Saturday.  I seem to be over the little virus that was bugging me late last week and I feel great.

I'm still wheat free and I am having no issues with that, whatsoever.  I have had sweets cravings for a few days though.  I don't know why the yearning for sweets has started up again, but it seemed to coincide with being very stressed at work last Thursday, along with being sick late last week and into the weekend.  *Sigh*  What is it about sweets? 

Other than an occasional bowl of ice cream over the last few days, my diet had been very healthy.  I've been disciplined about cooking on Sundays so there are healthy meals to pack for lunches and eat for dinner.  I even made Jack a big pot of chicken soup and froze individual servings.  I found several healthy chicken soup recipes over the weekend and my plan is to make a different soup each weekend for several weekends so that he will have several different types of soup to choose from when he wants a quick meal.  Of course, they'd be there for both of us, but he's the one that tends to gravitate to a can of soup if he's hungry and wants something light. 

Work is going OK.  Improvements are happening all around me.  It's an exciting time at Castle Creations.  I'm glad I get to be part of it.  I'll be going to Belgium in a couple of weeks, so that's fun.  I've never been to Belgium before.

I wish I had more to report, but it's just a slow news week. Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't worry about sweet cravings or occasional sweets. Sugar is addictive for a reason, and small infusions won't hurt you. Just never eat more than you can metabolize quickly. And eat some protein with the sugar to minimize the insulin spike.

    ReplyDelete