Thursday, April 4, 2013

4/4/2013: Tired and Pushing Through the Week

Sometimes you just have to stop and realize that you're a little older than you used to be and no matter how well you take care of yourself, you may need to rest every now and then.

I'm tired.  Not from exercising, my two day break last week gave me exactly what I needed there, but from the whirlwind trip I took to Colorado.  I didn't realize exactly how much I appreciate the fact that Jack tends to drive until I did all of the driving to and from Vail, including through the nasty wet snow that was causing all the mud to kick up from the highway.  I got up early Monday morning to catch my flight, I was up late Monday night talking to Carla, got up early again Tuesday morning to get a couple of hours of work in before meeting the kids for breakfast, drove back to Denver through the nasty weather, and was up late Tuesday night, flying home.  Thank goodness Jack picked me up from the airport.  I would have had a hard time driving home.  I got up early yesterday morning to run, then last night was bowling night.  I sucked!  I was so tired I could hardly bowl.  I crashed hard last night and got a good night's sleep, so I am hoping to perk up sometime today.  I am looking forward to the weekend.  I may actually sleep in on Saturday.

Saturday is supposed to a warm 70 degrees.  Sounds like a perfect day for a bike ride and a run!!  I am looking forward to being outside!!  After I sleep in a little, that is.


1 comment:

  1. Hope you get some rest :) Enjoy your warm spring Saturday!

    ReplyDelete