Wednesday, April 17, 2013

4/17/2013: Rolling Along

This morning I ran five miles on the treadmill, including 20 minutes at 6.0mph and 10 minutes at 6.5mph.  My goal is to be able to run 5 miles in 50 minutes.  Saturday's run was outdoors and was 5 miles in 53 minutes, today it took me 54 minutes to complete 5 miles, but that included 3 or 4 minutes of walking at 3.5mph to warm up.

Yesterday I worked out with my trainer.  That continues to go well.  Joshua and I seem to be connecting.  I have more sessions available and paid for than I will use up if I go only once a week, because of the transition after Jeremy went to Olathe and missing sessions due to travel.  I feel like I can use a little extra motivation right now, so I talked to Joshua about adding a second session with him until I have used up all of my extra sessions.  Starting the week after next (once bowling is done and we get back from Bri's graduation) I will start working out with Joshua on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I think that will be good.

The only decent weather day this week is supposed to be Saturday.  That will work out great because that is the day that I am scheduled to do my next bike/run brick.  I am so glad I can ride my bike outside again and I don't have to ride a stationary bike in the gym anymore.  Hooray for spring (well - sort of spring)!

The trip to Europe was postponed, so I will not be leaving the country this Saturday.  I was kind of looking forward to going because I have never been to Belgium before, but I am more relieved than I am disappointed.  It always seems like we have a lot going on and anytime I am granted a bit of a reprieve I am happy about that.

No other news to report...things are just Rolling Right Along on the Home Front!!

No comments:

Post a Comment