Sunday, April 14, 2013

4/14/2013: Living the Dream...

At work on Friday morning a routine question caused me to pause and think for a minute.  Him:  "Good morning, how are you?"  Me: "I'm fine, how are you today?"  Him:  "Are you living the dream?"  Me:  Pause to think for a few seconds, then, "Well, yes, I think I am."

And it's that simple, when I put it all on the table and look at it, I am living the dream.  I am very happily married to a man that I love and who loves me; I have a job that I thoroughly enjoy and that pays me reasonably well; we live in a comfortable home in a diverse neighborhood, in a decent city, in the best democracy in the world; I have great kids, kids-in-laws, and grandchildren; what I call my 'family of origin' (my dad and siblings) is supportive and loving - with our own share of issues, naturally, but we are there for one-another, nevertheless; I'm healthy and active and physically fit enough to do the things that I want to do; and I have some time to play each week and am looking forward to having more free time in the years to come.  There is more, of course, but in summary, all of the pieces are in place. I have my ups and downs, good days and bad, I admit I still get a little moody, there are still days when I wonder what it's all about, anyway, but in aggregate, it's all good.  It's important to remember that, from time to time.

I'm starting to copy and paste all of my blog posts into Word in preparation of starting my book.  Just copying and pasting is time consuming.  I've spent 3 hours on it already this morning and I am only 1/3 of the way through all of my posts.  Once I get them all copied and pasted, I'll read through them and start thinking about how to format the book.  I have no idea if it will be worth reading once it's done, but I need to give it a shot.  As I mentioned in a previous post, it seems like blogging about my Get Fit Initiative is less important lately, because my exercise and food routines have become just that, routine.  My plan is to use my mornings to work on my book.  I'll still put up a blog post now and then, when something interesting enough to write about comes up, but my mornings before work are my prime time, and I think it makes sense to use that time for this next big endeavor.

I'll keep you posted on how it's going.  :)

3 comments:

  1. That is a good thing to know! Have you read Harry Potter? There is a magical mirror- the Mirror of Erised - that shows the viewer with whatever it is they want most. Harry sees his parents, who he has never met; his friend Ron sees himself as captain of the sports team. Professor Dumbledore says the happiest person in the world would be able to look into the mirror and see themselves exactly as they are. Interesting concept, no? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read Harry Potter a few times. It seems like every time a new movie came out, I had to read the last few books leading up to that movie again so I would have it fresh in my mind. I do remember the mirror. It is nice to look into it and see myself as I am, today. :) Great way of looking at things!

      Delete
    2. Yes book. Great idea someone had!
      I thought Dumbledore saw wool socks in that mirror.

      Delete