Tuesday, November 21, 2017

11/21/17: 31 days and counting!

It's incredible how fast the days are blazing by!!  I pick up the moving truck in 30 days, pick Jack up from the airport in 31 days, and we start driving home in 32 days.  I am ready, so so ready, to be headed home with my husband.  This month will fly by, there is no doubt about that, but it can't fly by fast enough for me.

I have finished my Christmas shopping for all the family to which I need to mail the packages, they got sent out via FedEx yesterday.  That was an accomplishment.  I still need to find my special gift for Jackie and shop for Carla, but those packages don't need to be mailed so I have a little more time. I have 95% of my stuff packed and moved to the storage unit, including my weight room equipment.  The weather has potential to get very nasty between now and the 22nd, in fact we've already had a fair share of snow and ice, so my plan is to get everything but the essentials in storage so that we can just back the truck up to the storage unit and load it.  That way if weather is nasty that day or if there is snow and ice on the steps, it won't slow us down.  I've brought my lawn furniture in and set it up in the spare room where my weight equipment was so that it won't be covered in a foot of snow on moving day.  All in all, I'm feeling well prepared for my move home.

Carla's last day at the Inn will be November 30th, she is moving out on that day and J&L are moving into her room, so we'll be roommates.  That should be interesting.  As of the 1st, this will no longer be our inn, it will be their inn, and I will be here to back them up and continue training them.  The transition is emotionally more difficult than I thought it would be, but we are muddling our way through it.  By the time I leave they will be fully trained and I will be more than ready to get out of their way.

Today is a day off, but I just finished meeting with Dick to go over the transition plan.  He seems satisfied with the way everything is shaping up.  We have a plan for closing out the books for the year, so that's good.  Now I need to drop a few more boxes off to storage and go shopping for Jackie's Christmas present.

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment