Saturday, November 4, 2017

11/4/17: Murder Mystery Weekend, It's a Family Affair

We are having a Murder Mystery Weekend and it's all one family.  It is the 50th anniversary celebration for Mom and Dad and the 70th birthday celebration for Mom.  It's a big ol' rowdy bunch and we went to bed before they did last night.  It will be interesting to see the condition of the public areas in the morning.  It was somewhat of a relief not to worry about how the guests were going to interact with one another, and not to worry about if anyone was going to make too much noise for the other guests, since it's all one group.  I can't tell yet whether having a group here is going to make it easier or harder.  I hope they don't choose to hang around the inn tomorrow, as we have a lot to do.  We'll need to tell them at breakfast that we need the public spaces empty for a good period of time today.

I stayed on program yesterday.  Carla baked an amazing looking and smelling cake and I really wanted to try it, but I didn't.  I baked an amazing looking and smelling lasagna, and I didn't try that either.  I made a delicious Casear salad.  I ate that, without the croutons, of course.

I had an "ah ha" moment yesterday.  I was looking for some recipes (I still haven't found them, by the way) and climbed up on the mop sink to look on a top shelf.  It's about 2 feet of the ground, not high at all, but my knees have been sore enough that climbing on it in the very recent past was something I had to think about and do carefully.  Yesterday, after only three days without sugar, I climbed up and hopped off of it without having to think about it.  It's amazing how much better I feel after just a few days off of the junk.  I need to remind myself of this hourly.  My knees hurt when I eat sugar.  Inflammation is the culprit in so many human ailments.  Sugar causes inflammation.  I need to just not eat that crap.

So, day four on program was a success.  It's only 49 days until I head home to be with my husband.  It's all good.

Until tomorrow!!  Have a wonderful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment