Thursday, November 2, 2017

11/2/17: My Computer Died!

Ugh. I woke up the night before last to an odd looking screen on my computer. It had one line on it: hard drive failure, F2 to run hard drive diagnostic. So I pushed F2 and the result was "there is no hard drive installed on this computer."  Double ugh.

To make a long story short, I purchased a new computer at the only store in town where you can do such things, Staples, and left my old machine there hoping they can get the data off of my old hard drive. Triple Ugh. I didn't post yesterday because I didn't have a machine. This morning I'm posting from my phone so I'll keep this brief. Probably.

Jack will be here in 51 days and we will head home!!  Wow. I'm ready to live with him again. I've missed him terribly!!!  There is a lot about this gig that I enjoyed, enough to know that innkeeping as a lifestyle choice fits me, but there are so many little things that aggravate me that I feel like a short-timer everyday. One of the things that aggravates me the most is the half-assed approach to a lot of the repair work that's done by our handyman. I have little to no control over this, he's hired by the owner, not by me. But when he does something poorly I get upset, angry even. It just makes no sense to do something half-way. If things are done right the first time they don't need to be done over and over and over again. There was a prime example of this yesterday so I sent a photo of his work with a fairly harsh text to the owner of the inn. Dick is going to come by today to look at it. Maybe he'll insist on it being redone correctly. Maybe not. Either way I find myself thinking, "Thank God this won't be my problem very much longer!"  That pretty much sums up the way I feel about this gig. I'm ready for this inn to be somebody else's problem.

In the meantime I have 51 days to undo as much damage as I can to this old reliable body of mine. Yesterday I survived day two on the Whole 30. Today I woke up with a screaming headache. That's evidence of how much I was poisoning myself with sugar. I worked out with Alexis yesterday. Exercising is becoming a habit again. I also had an appointment with a skilled masseuse to work on issues that I've been having with my left arm. It turns out that it's my arm and back and shoulder and neck. She did some amazing work yesterday and I'll see her several more times before I leave. I hope to have the problems pretty much solved by the time I head home. I'm getting plenty of sleep. I'm drinking lots of water. I'm not focusing on my weight as much as I'm focusing on healthy living. I want to feel great when Jack gets here. I want to be strong and rested. I am glad that I have the opportunity to start recuperating here and don't have to wait until I get home.

With the exception of this stupid headache, I feel much better today than I did just a few days ago.  I'm going to keep with the diet and exercise and water and sleep. I hope to get outside for a walk/jog today, during a lull in the rain. We'll be busy this weekend because it's a murder mystery weekend, but it's just one weekend. Nothing like that last few months when it was busy non-stop.  My recovery will continue!!

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment