Friday, November 24, 2017

11/24/17: Thanksgiving is done, 29 days to go

We cooked a family style Thanksgiving dinner for our guests yesterday.  Four couples spent the night and 3 of them had dinner with us, so it was a small dinner, when it comes to Thanksgiving meals.  We cooked for nine of us, all together.  After preparing the meal we sat down and ate with our guests.  It was a hectic day, but with help in the kitchen, we got it done.  After dinner we cleaned the disaster area that used to be our kitchen and then played a couple of games.  It was an OK way to spend the holiday, but I am anxious to get home so I can spend my holidays with my family!

Carla's last day at the Bernerhof will be on November 30th.  That is only a week away.  She'll be moving out on that day and Jeremiah and Lisseth will be moving in on the 1st.  It is hard to believe that this is all happening, it seems like it is coming fast, now.  As of the 1st, Dick and I have decided that J&L will be taking over, and I will be here to support and train them on anything they don't know yet.  I'll also be writing the Bernerhof Operations manual and getting the books ready for year end.  This weekend will be my and Carla's last weekend "In charge."  Now, I will need to take charge of this poor body that I have abused so badly over the last 11 months.  This shit gets real, today.

The count down continues. I am cooking dinner tonight and tomorrow night, so there are a couple of long days ahead of us.  We will be very slow next week, as in three days with no guests in the inn and one day with one guest.  Carla and I will use that time to finish packing, get Carla completely moved out, clean the apartment and get ready for J&L to move in.  As of Dec 1, I won't have to get up for breakfast anymore, unless we have a full house or it's a day off for J&L.  Yes, I will probably cover for them for a couple days a week until I leave.  But, in general, work will be almost easy this last few weeks, except for the weekends, when I will have to cook dinner.

We are looking for a weekend chef to replace me.  Haven't found anyone yet.  That could end up being a problem.  We'll step up the search.

It's time to start my day.  Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment