Tuesday, July 31, 2012

7/31/12: Checking In

It's Tuesday morning and I missed yesterday morning's weigh-in post, but I did not miss weighing-in yesterday.  So here's the post.  I weighed 182.8 pounds yesterday!!!  I am sticking to my trend line and all was looking good...until last night.  We bowl in a league on Monday nights (I'm not very good, in case you're curious.  My average is a 130, but it probably suffered a little last night) and last night I pulled a muscle in my left quad.  It only really hurts when I walk.  The pain is on the left side of my upper left quad.  I put heat on it last night, which helped, and this morning, instead of my normal cardio routine, I stretched, used the foam roller on it, rode the bike for 20 minutes, did 1500 strides on the elliptical, and stretched and rolled it again.  The bike and the elliptical did not hurt, so that's good.  At least I have cardio I can do until it heals.  The stretching and rolling seemed to help.  So, the goal is to not let this minor injury derail me.  My plan is to show up at the gym every morning like I have been for the last 22 weeks, and do whatever I can.  I feel like this will heal quickly, it's already better than it was last night.  I will not let this be a setback!!! 

So far, I have lost 41.2 pounds and I have 32.8 left to go.  It feels good to be well past half way to my weight loss goal and 22 weeks into living a much healthier lifestyles!!

1 comment:

  1. This injury might not be a bad thing. You should change up your cardio routine every month or so anyway. Until you are at your goal weight, you should not do silly things like bowl. Don't stress your muscles and ligaments unless you are lifting weights or doing cardio. Do you have access to a pool? Some hard swim sets might be just what you need now.

    ReplyDelete