Wednesday, August 1, 2012

8/1/12: News - Phase 1

On September 1st of this year my son, Steven, is getting married to his lovely fiance, Elizabeth.  They are getting married on the beach in Florence, Oregon.  We've known about this for about a week...so yes, it's coming up fast, but I couldn't be happier and more excited for Steven and Elizabeth.

Of course, as the mother of the groom, I want to look my best.  My goal is to weigh 175 pounds on the wedding day.  That means I have 7.8 pounds to lose before then. 

Unfortunately, there is a little additional stress in my life at the moment, which you will find out about shortly.  (Sometimes you just have to wait before you can make public announcements.) That stress will make losing weight more difficult.  I will have to be extra diligent and dedicated to make this happen.  My priority in life, no matter what else comes my way, must be to lose the rest of this weight and be healthy.  Everything else works better when I am at a healthy weight and feeling good.  Nothing is stressful enough or important enough to cause to me lose focus on my goal of good health.  Commit, commit, commit.  Every day will require renewed faith in this cause to be as healthy as I possibly can.

To sum it up, I cannot eat my way through this upcoming transition.  That's my standard MO:   transition...eat...gain weight...settle in...lose weight...repeat.

NOT THIS TIME!!!!  Y'all hear me????  NOT THIS TIME. 

I know, I know...what transition?  You will find out soon...

10 comments:

  1. We have our fingers crossed for you, Roberta. And congratulations on the new addition to the family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrea! This is all very exciting!!!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Roberta! I know you'll make your goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl. I know I will make it, too. I will not let myself get distracted by other things that seem more important than exercising at the moment. Nothing is more important than our health. Repeat to myself often - Nothing is more important than my health...

      Delete
  3. Very proud of your continued journey on bettering yourself physically and emotionally Berta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so happy for Steven & Elizabeth...how exciting! Congrats!! :) Berta, I'm very proud of you & admire you for this continued journey...you're looking good, you've worked hard so far, & you can continue to do so! At times it may be rough...but remember to ALWAYS THINK POSITIVELY!! We're behind you all the way! Keep up the good work! :) Go Berta Go! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha! You behind me all the way, but my behind keeps getting smaller and smaller. Ha!!! Good luck with school this year!!

      Delete
  5. You have been successful so far because you have been consistently working out, restricting calories, and keeping your blood sugar level. You have a good plan (slow weight loss), inspiration (chart, reading), accountability (chart, blogging), and determination (personality trait). I don’t think that you will revert to your old habit of eating and drinking through transition. I think you are a new person.

    Here is what I think you should do for the period of transition (August 2 through September 3):

    1. Start reading “Younger Next Year” again to bolster your inspiration.

    2. Write something in your blog from “Younger Next Year” every day until you are done re-reading it.

    3. Count calories every day until September 3. This has worked for you. Report your daily calories on your blog or in an email to me. Every day. Until September 3.

    4. Don’t drink until the actual wedding day, and think twice about drinking that day.

    5. Add 15 minutes of cardio six times per week in the evening. This sounds like a lot. You will be tired. It might be dark. You might have a headache. You might have a pulled muscle (in which case you ride your trainer) -- but refer to the determination above and do it anyway.

    That will get you through the transition and keep you on your line.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. My experience with drinking while on Weight Watchers is that the points from the beer or two (or wine or two) don't hurt me. It's that after 2 glasses of wine I eat all the fried appetizers because, "Who cares?!" So I know I have to stop at one.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete