Monday, January 28, 2013

1/28/2013: Where Did January Go?

I have a funny feeling in 11 months I am going to be saying, "Where did 2013 go?"  Time seems to be flying by ever since I started working for Castle Creations.  I guess that is what they mean when they say, "Time flies when you are having fun!"  Time does seem to go by so much more quickly when I am not agonizing over every minute at work because I am bored or feel like my work is meaningless and when I am not agonizing over every minute at home because I am unhappy with myself.  This month has gone by in a flash, but I'm not complaining.

Yesterday Jack and I played racquetball and then did an upper body workout together.  I joined Aspen Fitness Center because my physical trainer moved there from 24 Hour Fitness.  Aspen has two racquetball courts and Jack joined so we could play racquetball together.  Now we go to the gym together at least once each weekend, and sometimes twice.  We have a great time playing racquetball and I am starting to get a little better at the game.  I am doing a better job at getting to the ball and getting the ball to the wall once I get to the ball.  Backhand shots near the wall are tough and getting in the right position is often difficult, but my game is improving.  In addition to playing racquetball together, I love that Jack is going to the gym with me to work out.  Sometimes we do cardio, sometimes we do weights, but no matter what we do I think it's great.  So far we have done upper body together once and lower body together once.  On our way home yesterday I suggested the idea that we do upper body on Saturdays together, and lower body on Sundays.  Then I can copy the workouts for him and he can use them at his gym after work, doing one each during the week.  If he throws in a few cardio workouts (which he is already doing) and we play racquetball once a week, he'd be doing great!!  He didn't reject my idea as ridiculous.  I got a, "We'll see," which generally means he is warmish to the idea, so who knows?  Perhaps by this time in February or March we'll have another gym rat in the family!  I'd like that.  It would be great if we could both stay healthy, happy, and strong into our old age.  I want to do some awesome playing together as we get to the point in our careers that we don't have to work so much.  Being fit will make being older a lot more fun for both of us!!

This morning I did a lower body workout and this evening I will ride a bike for 38 minutes.  I'll probably throw in a walk at lunchtime, too, since it is so warm out.  It is supposed to be 70 degrees out, today.  I wish I had one more day off and I would go for a bike ride.

The tub project is almost done.  I grouted the tile yesterday and today I need to polish off the grout film and caulk.  We should be able to shower in our own bathroom again tomorrow.  I have always disliked the shower stall in the hall bathroom.  It is very cramped and dark.  I've had a plan to re-do that bathroom ever since we bought the house.  Now that I have had to use that shower for a week, I like it even less and re-doing that bathroom has risen on the list of home-improvement projects.  We are going to start looking for a contractor that does bathrooms.  If you have any suggestions, please share them.  We are not going to go way high end, but we will be moving the shower, toilet and sink, so it will be a full-fledged project.  With any luck and some monetary discipline, perhaps we can get the pink bathroom project done this year.

It looks like my plans for going to Utah to help Rebecca and Andrew with Baby James and our other four grandchildren for a few days are shaping up.  I need to talk to my boss today, but if it all works out like I think it will I will be leaving next Wednesday.  I am looking forward to seeing all of our family in Utah and being able to help out with the baby.  I may even get to be a school teacher for a few days, since Annika, Sharlynne, and Taren are home schooled.  It should be interesting!!  It will certainly be tiring.  I know I will be exhausted by the time I head home.  I also know it will be a ton of fun.

I better head off to work.  I have a busy week ahead of me.  Have a great day!!

2 comments: