Wednesday, January 9, 2013

1/9/2013: This is why I get up at 4:20am to exercise

Morning Weight:  151.0
This Morning's Exercise: 1 hour on the treadmill at 5.5mph.  This is the first time that I ran the whole hour at this speed.  I'm slowly getting faster!
Yesterday's Exercise:  None!!!
Yesterday's Calories: 1573
Vitamins:  1-A-Day, D, B-Complex, Calcium, Glucosamine

I had a real deadline at work yesterday that I had to meet so I got up early and went to work without going to the gym.  I had real intentions to workout over my lunch hour but within a couple of hours of getting to work I had another project with a quick deadline plopped in my lap.  I knew exercise was out of the question.  I was at work until 9:00 last night and did not get away from the office for lunch.  I packed my lunch and dinner, so my food was OK, but I did not exercise at all yesterday.  Some people think I am nuts for getting up so early to exercise but I always tell them, "Nobody can take my mornings from me."  And it's true.  Nobody cares what I am doing at 4:45 in the morning except me.  My mornings are my time and I need to keep it that way.  Exercising first thing in the morning is what works best for me!

Part of the problem yesterday morning was I was so tired I did not want to get at out of bed.  It may have been because I did not sleep well on Sunday night.  I slept so soundly Monday night that I just didn't want to rouse myself out of bed Tuesday morning.  It occurs to me that it might also have been because of my brick on Sunday.  That really did wipe me out and maybe my body just needed to rest for a day.  Whatever it was, I am fine today.  I woke up easily when the alarm went off, got out of bed, and did my hour run on the treadmill. All's well.

As you can see I am still at 151.0.  Pretty soon...we'll see the needle move again...it's pretty exciting stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment