Friday, February 1, 2013

2/1/2013: Starting to Feel a Little too Busy

This seems like a cyclical issue for me.  I'll get a little bored and a little under stimulated and I start looking for things to do.  As I start making changes, I get more engaged and I get busier until all of a sudden I am too busy.  Then I have to take a step back, do an assessment of what is important and what I can let go.  All of a sudden I am feeling pretty darn busy.

It's mostly my job including my travel schedule and the fact that I am working on major issues for two different companies, the one here in Olathe and the one in China.  The issues are very different but the goals are the same.  Of course, there are two different sets of shareholders and employees to work with.  Sometimes it is a little daunting.

Last night I had trouble falling asleep.  I don't know if it was because yesterday was a rest day and I didn't exercise, so I wasn't very tired, or if it was because I worked a little late and had a project on my mind.  Either way, I had a hard time waking up this morning.

I have not been to the gym yet, but I am confident that I will get there during lunch to do lower body strength training, which is the only thing on my schedule for today.  I am keeping this post short so I can get to work early, prior to the interruptions starting.  I have to get a project done today.  I'm hoping this weekend will be restful.

Thank God it's Friday!!

3 comments:

  1. Given your work schedule, you might have to cut down to 6 to 7 hours of working out per week including racquetball (but not bowling). Otherwise you are going to burn out. It is hard to really train for a tri and work and lift without getting burned out. So, cut one of the bikes or runs. The tri is really just a 3.5 hour workout. We don't have to win it.
    Also, you might look around for an indoor winter tri in your area. They are short and fun and will give you an idea of what the discipline is like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a lot. The strength training goals and tri training goal compete for my time. I'm going to keep my schedule for now, but on days when I'm tired, I'll take a rest day, like I did on Saturday. I didn't even feel bad about it. I am going to keep track though, to make sure I am not skipping the same type of workouts consistently.

      I don't count bowling as a workout, but I do count racquetball. I just mention bowling because it takes up an evening and causes me to stay up late, making Thursdays my default rest day.

      Delete
  2. Good luck! Get some sleep over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete