Monday, February 18, 2013

2/18/2013: Reboot Achieved

Yesterday I managed to squeeze in time to get my Weeks 5 - 8 exercise schedule filled out, printed, and pasted to my chart.  It's just a week late, Week 6 started yesterday!  It feels good to get a schedule back up on the wall.  It is similar to my first four weeks, except I cut the swimming back to one 1500 swim a week and I changed the 2 five miles runs to one 6 mile run (on Saturday) and one 3 mile run (lunch hour).  I now have 3 lunch hours planned during the week, I will be using my lunch hours to do my two 38 minutes bike rids and my 3 mile run.  I hope this schedule feels a little more manageable.  I think it will.  I finished week 5 strong, with a 1500 meter swim followed by a 3 mile run.

Week 6 started with a bang, as well.  Yesterday Jack and I played raquetball, followed by a lower body workout for me and 45 minutes on the ellipitical for Jack.  I continue to improve at raquetball, I have not won a game yet, but I am consistently getting into the mid to upper teens by the time Jack gets 21 points.  Keep in mind that I still get my handicap.  I can score a point when I serve or when Jack serves.  Jack can only score points when he serves.  I'm doing a better job tracking the ball and figuring out where it is going to be so that I can hit it.  I still have a hard time hitting the ball out of the corner, particularly my backhand corner.  It seems like I need to use a little more wrist in that backhand shot.  When the ball is in the corner and very close to the wall, there is not enough room to get a swing at the ball. 

My lower body workout yesterday was rough!  I came home from the gym knowing I had worked hard!!  This morning's upper body workout was not much easier.  It seems as if Jeremy has kicked it up a notch, recently.

This morning's weight:  152.8

2 comments:

  1. The trick to the back hand corner shot is to plan where your racket will meet the ball and then get behind(closer to the back wall) that spot. You can't pull a ball out of the back corner if you are standing in front of the impact point. You can get away with this on the forehand side, but even over there, you should get behind the impact spot.

    ReplyDelete