Friday, February 15, 2013

2/15/2013: TGIF

I am so glad it is Friday.  After spending the weekend in Utah and therefore not resting, I have had a ridiculously busy and stressful week at work.  I packed my gym clothes and my lunch yesterday and thought a trip to the gym might just happen, but it didn't.  There was an emergency at work that required "all hands on deck" and that kept me busy until the end of the day, when I had an interview scheduled.  The interview went well, though, so that's good.  I think I may be hiring some help.

This morning I did an upper body workout with Jeremy.  All is well there.  I continue to get stronger, which I like.  The week is over tomorrow and I think I will only have about half of my normal workouts in for the week.  Jeremy was not too concerned about that, though.  He, like Ruth, suggested some lighter weeks may actually be a good thing.  I am not worried about it.  Week 5 is going to stand out on my chart because of my bar graph, but for the first time in my life I know that I will never let exercise slip away from being part of my daily routine.  The fact of the matter is that I went to the gym 3 of the 5 days that I was in Utah and I have exercised three of the four days since I have been home.  That's not exactly slacking, it's just not the same pumped up pace that I was keeping for the first four weeks of Phase II.  It's kind of funny when I think about it that way.  In the last 9 days I have gone to the gym and exercised 6 times, and that is a light exercise schedule for me.  Wow, who is this person and were did the old Roberta go?  It feels good to know that even in weeks that I cannot keep up my "training" pace I am still doing some exercise almost every day.  No complaints.

I still weigh in the 153s.  I think I was 153.4 this morning, which is good considering I ate too much yesterday.  It was an incredibly stressful day at work and because it was Valentine's day there was food everywhere!  It's kind of funny to say, "I think I was 153.4 this morning."  I did weigh myself this morning and I know I was in the mid 153s, but that's all I was really looking at.  Getting on the scale today was just a sort of routine check in, just to confirm that I was about were I needed to be.  The obsessive weight checking and freaking out about every tenth of a pound is over and part of the past.  I still weigh myself everyday, but I am just making sure I am in the range I want to be in.  It's nice not to be obsessed about every little fluctuation anymore.

I have an 8:00 meet-for-coffee meeting this morning, so I better run.  Have a great day!!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I am taking a break from the scale temporarily. Good luck at your meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If life did not force you into easy weeks, you would have to schedule them. But, I don't think last week counts as an easy week. I got tired just reading the posts.

    ReplyDelete