Wednesday, February 13, 2013

2/13/2013: Back in Kansas City

Some of you are probably wondering if I will ever get back into the routine after my visit to Utah to help take care of our newest grandson, James.  It's been a week since I made a blog post.  I got back late Monday evening and now I am getting back into the swing of things.

First, the stats.  I weighed 153.0 pounds this morning, so that is 6/10ths of a pound less than when I left, which isn't bad considering I was away from home and my normal routines for 5 1/2 days.  While I was in Utah I did manage to exercise 3 out of the 5 mornings I was there and, of course, there was a lot of rough housing with grandkids, which is definitely exercise.  I got my weight lifting in, there is no doubt about that.  It seemed like their favorite games involved me picking them up in one form or another!  Yesterday morning I did my lower body workout and this morning I rode the stationary bike.  I am getting back into my normal exercise patterns!  I still want to weigh 150.0 on February 27th, the one year anniversary of the start date for my Get Fit Initiative.  I don't think that will be a problem.

I had a wonderful time in Utah.  I am so glad I had the opportunity to be part of Andrew and Rebecca's family life for a few days.  It was truly a treat to spend time with baby James while he was still a precious infant and I had a blast spending time with the four older children.  Yes, I have some stories to tell, but for now, I think I will just share some pictures as I need to get to work this morning.

Here is our newest grandson, James:


James Craven



Our three grandsons


Me and James


James



The Four Musketeers & Pinky
And here are some bedtimes pictures that we texted to Grandpa Jack my first night there:

Our eldest grandson
 
Our middle grandson


Our eldest grandchild with Rebecca



Our middle granddaughter (our youngest granddaughter lives in Oregon) with Pinky

I brought gifts for the kids, including this cool set of building blocks.  I couldn't figure out how to build one of the cars, so here is Andrew coming to the rescue after a hard day at work.  Thanks, Andrew!  You are an amazing father!!

Dad helping build a car that Grandma could not figure out

And finally; I think this photo is precious.  On Saturday Andrew took the boys to Lowes to participate in their Build and Grow event.  He took this adorable photo while he was there.  Just look at that expression!!






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment