Thursday, June 21, 2012

6/21/2012: 31.8 Pounds and Counting

I was very pleased to weigh-in at 192.2 pounds this morning, holding onto the pretty significant drop in weight from last week.  It is only a two-tenths of a pound loss since Monday, but considering the fact that I have lost two and two tenths pounds since last Thursday, I am certainly not complaining.  My goal is 1.5 pounds a week and I am averaging closer to 1.9, staying just shy of losing 2 pounds a week.  While it is fun to see sudden drops on the scale, it really isn't my goal or desire to lose weight rapidly.  It seems healthier and more sustainable to me to keep up this steady rate of weight loss, not too fast...not too slow.  So when I saw the sudden drop of two pounds from last Thursday to Monday, my goal was to just hold on to that for this week.  It was pretty exciting on Tuesday when I got on the scale and weighed 191.4, because all of a sudden the one-eighties were just around the corner, but I knew that had to be a fluke.  I look forward to being in the one-eighties in a couple of weeks, though!!

It doesn't seem like I have a lot of new stuff to talk about on the weight-loss front, lately.  I'm in that middle stage, where I have figured out the formula that works and I still have enough weight to lose that it hasn't started slowing down.  I still love my chart!  It is a huge motivator.  Blogging helps, too.  And of course, working with Jeremy, my physical trainer, once a week makes a big difference, too.  I know I have at least one villager out there checking to make sure I am staying on track because my sister called me on Sunday wondering how my weigh-in went.  She's used to seeing that Sunday morning post with my weekly photo and when I didn't post till late in the day (we were driving back from Colorado) she thought I missed a weigh-in.  I assured her that I was still on track and that there was nothing to worry about!!  I appreciate her vigilance, though.  It's nice to know that if I do go into radio silence that there are people out there that will check in to make sure I have not fallen off the wagon.  Thanks, Ruth!!

There are two things I have noticed that are slightly different, lately.  First, the workouts are getting harder.  On cardio days I am jogging faster and farther and on strength training days the routines have been kicked up a couple of notches.  I struggle to get through them, but I recover quickly, so I guess that is good.  Second, I am finding that I am no longer struggling with my evening meal.  No matter where we are or what we're eating, I am able to take small portions and be satisfied with that.  My goal is to eat enough to not be hungry anymore, and that's it.  That little change has made this whole endeavor much easier.

Gotta run...have a great day, everyone!!

1 comment: