Thursday, June 7, 2012

6/7/2012: Granddaughters!

Suffice it to say that our two granddaughters are keeping us busy! So busy, in fact, that I barely have time to squeeze in this post. It is weigh-in day, though, and my minimum commitment to posting is to post my weight on weigh-in days. Today I weighed 197.4 pounds. That's only a two-tenths of a pound since Monday, but it is in the right direction, anyway! Dragging myself out of bed to exercise this morning was TOUGH! I almost didn't do it, but the operative word there is almost. I did get up and go to the gym and pushed myself through 100 floors on the stair master and 2500 strides on the elliptical machine. Fun? No, it wasn't, but I am glad I pushed through and got it done. Jack's getting the girls up and I'll be cooking breakfast in a minute, but I do want to say having the girls here is wonderful. I talked to a friend at work yesterday and was telling her all about our granddaughters and she commented that she hadn't heard me laugh that much in a long time. They are a joy! Gotta run now. Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are enjoying them. Andrew and I have been talking about how much we didn't realize quite the amount of work they are until they are gone. My mom says if she takes 2 and you take the other two each year than I get 2 weeks free of kids. That just sounds absolutely crazy right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that sounds like a great idea!! I am sure those two weeks would fly by for you. Perhaps we can work it out.

      Delete