Sunday, June 24, 2012

6/24/12: Week 17 Photo

6/24/2012 - End of Week 17
The second 10 weeks of my get fit initiative is approaching its end, and all is well.  This morning I weighed 191.4 pounds and I am hoping for a 190.something for my official weigh-in tomorrow.  I jogged five miles yesterday, which is taking me just shy of an hour, and had a strength training day at the gym, today, which also takes me just shy of an hour.  It's hard to say which is harder, though the strength training seems to go faster.  I think it is because I am not doing the same thing for the entire hour.  I finish a set and go on to the next one.  It's also much more pleasant to run outdoors rather than on the treadmill.  An hour on the treadmill, even with earphones and TV, seems to take at least 3 hours.  An hour jogging outdoors just feels like an hour.  It must be the change of scenery.

I've been doing well with my food, with the exception of Friday evening.  We went to Lew's to play darts and I had a fajita chicken wrap. I didn't want a side, but got fries and gave 90% of them to Jack.  I ate a few of them.  I also had a glass of white wine.  Prior to coming home and having dinner, a few of us at work took a co-worker out for a beer for her birthday.  So I had a glass of wine and probably 1/10th of a spinach artichoke dip & chip appetizer before I got home.  That is probably what loosened up my resolve prior to going to dinner with Jack.  I felt way too full after dinner, it was pretty uncomfortable.  I've been "perfect" the rest of the weekend and I think I will have recovered my weight loss by tomorrow morning.  At least I hope so!!!!

On Friday we are off to Sonoma for my nephew Pat's wedding!  Whew, what a wedding season it has been.  I have no idea what I am wearing yet.  I need to try on some of the things in my closet and see what fits!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment