Sunday, June 3, 2012

6/3/2012: End of Week 14 Photo

6/3/2012 - My clothes are getting too big...

As you can see from the photo, the clothes that I bought to get me through spring are getting a little big and baggy on me!  It will be a little longer before I buy smaller clothes, so Jack is going to try washing them in hot water and drying in a hot dryer to shrink them a little bit.  That ought to buy us another month or so, then I may need to think about buying a few casual things to get through the rest of the summer.  It's fun to be getting to small for my clothes!!!  Next summer I ought to be wearing a size 10!!  That will be nice.

This morning's unofficial weigh in was 197.6 pounds, so I have lost 26.4 pounds in 14 weeks.  Everything is right on track, I'm under my line, and I am looking forward to being in the 170s in September when Jack and I go on our vacation to New England.

I was a little anxious about this weekend because Jack and I hit the road right after work on Friday to pick up our granddaughters, ages 6 and almost 8, in Denver.  They live in St Lake City and we don't get to see them often enough, so we asked their parents if the girls could stay with us for a couple of weeks this summer.  We decided that the best way to get them here was to meet half-way, so their mom drove them to Denver and we met there.  We drove over half of the way Friday night and stayed in Colby overnight.  We got to Denver at about noon, picked up the girls, turned around and headed home.  We weren't really planning on making it all the way home on Saturday, but we may good time and were home by midnight.  I was worried about my tendency to snack on the road, but I didn't do too badly and I actually lost weight while on the road.  All's well that ends well and we are super happy to have the girls here with us for a visit.

Here's to hoping that tomorrow's official weigh-in stays on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment