Friday, June 29, 2012

6/29/2012: Weddings!

We are at the Kansas City airport waiting for our flight to Denver with a connection to Oakland because tomorrow my nephew, Patrick, is getting married to his long-time sweetheart, Heather! It seems like it was a long time coming considering the fact that the oldest of the cousins is 29 years old and this Pat is the first of their generation to get married. We are excited for Pat and Heather, of course, and are also looking forward to spending time with family. I am particularly excited to see my son, Steve, and to meet his girlfriend, Elizabeth, for the first time. Fun times, indeed! Yesterday's weigh-in was uneventful which probably explains why I am just getting around to posting it today. I weighed 191.4 pounds. The plateau I expected happened...self fulfilling prophecy? Could be...but for some reason it makes me feel better to be tracking on the same line that I've been tracking on for the last seventeen weeks. I guess it's because I feel like it is sustainable and predictable. I kind of like knowing I am going to weigh a little bit less each week. That is easier for me than losing 3 pounds this week, gaining a pound next week, and holding steady the week after that. I've been lucky to have been able to sustain a slow and steady loss, and I hope to be able to maintain that. The weekend of festivities will present its own challenges when it comes to food and drink, but Jeremy expects me to be inthe 180s next Friday, so I don't have much room for screwing around. I feel confident that I will be able to make good choices. Exercise needs to happen, too, but my sister, Ruth, is staying in our hotel and I am confident she'll want me to jog or something with her. It is my goal to lose weight this weekend, just as I would if I was at home!

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed with your determination, however, not surprised. :)
    Keep up the awesome job!

    ReplyDelete