Wednesday, June 27, 2012

6/27/12: Progress Charted

6/27/12 Chart after 17 weeks
Here you go, Ruth!  I love my chart, too! 

This chart is the width of two full pieces of poster board taped together and takes up most of our bathroom wall.  The scale is right below it, so I am looking at the chart as I weigh myself each morning.  I also stare at it every day as I am brushing my teeth, drying my hair, and getting ready for my day.  Nothing motivates me more than seeing the red line falling steadily, and watching that gap between the red line and the blue line get ever so much bigger as the weeks go by.

My original plan was to lose 1.5 pounds a week for 48 weeks for a 72 pound weight loss, and that is what the blue goal line represents.  Of course, when I weighed myself the morning after I made the chart, I found out that I weighed 224 pounds instead of the 222 that I thought I weighed, so I started out a little above the blue line.  As you can see, I hugged my goal line closely for a while, but somewhere around week 8, the gap between my goal line and my actual line started to grow, ever so slowly.  My weight loss rate remains consistent at just short of 2 pounds a week.

Almost as inspiring as that red line are my Sunday photos.  Every Sunday I paste a picture on my chart and in the last few weeks I have started to see a real difference from my start photo.  I can spend ten minutes just staring at the photos that are already up, imagining how cool the chart is going to look after 48 weeks, with all of those photos of me getting stronger, healthier, and thinner, one after the other, pasted up there.  The chart is the single most motivational tool that I have in my tool box.  It never fails to inspire me to keep on track!!

No comments:

Post a Comment