Thursday, April 28, 2016

4/28/2016: The Stitches Did Not Come Out

Weight:  160.8

This is unfortunate, I have a lot on my mind that I want to talk about and I ended up spending a good chunk of my morning texting back and forth with Carla about our respective programs.  Now I am in a hurry so that I won't be late for work.  This will have to be a brief blog post.

I went to the doctor's office yesterday to get my stitches out and was disappointed that that did not happen.  He only put non-dissolvable stitches on the right side, those are the stitches that need to be removed.  The left side and the center had dissolvable stitches.  The left side incision isn't healed yet.  It separated just a little and is oozing a tiny bit.  The doctor said that it will heal just fine so we treated it with antibiotic ointment and reapplied fresh steri-strips.  The center incision looks terrific!!!!  What a difference that made.  Dr. Hodge is so proud of himself.  He smiled and said, "That looks really good, doesn't it?  You didn't even complain about that, but I wanted to fix it for you!  Aren't you glad I did?"  The answer to that question is, yes, I am glad.  He really is a wonderful surgeon who cares about his patients satisfaction with his work.  His motivation comes from doing excellent work and making his patients happy.  I like that in a surgeon!!!  He decided not to take out the stitches in the right side incision (which looks pretty damn good, too) because the left side incision isn't quite healed.  I have to go back next week to get the stitches out.  Another week with no physical activity.  Oh well.  I knew I wouldn't be lifting weights this weekend, but was hoping I could play kickball and start a light exercise routine.  None of that for me.  I guess Jack will have to clean that bathrooms, after all.  They really can't go another week.

One of the consequences of blogging is that every now and then someone tells me that my blog motivates them to start their own program.  If I'm lucky, they'll ask me if I will touch base with them daily so that we can motivate each other.  It helps me stay on program and it makes me feel really good to help inspire others on their own journeys.

OK, it really is getting late.  It's time for work.  I'll try to write more tomorrow.

Have a great day!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment