Friday, April 29, 2016

4/29/2016: PS - "Being Good"

This bothered me all the way to work.  I used the words "being good" in my earlier blog post.

There is nothing about this that has anything to do with "being good" or "being bad," which is why I put those words in quotation marks.  Yet, sometimes, when I am not on program and I wish I was I do say to myself, "I will be good today."  Ugh.  That implies so much.  That implies that I am a better person when I am on program, which implies that I am a worse person when I am off program.  It does not make me a better person to eat organic kale and pasture raised chicken rather than cookies and ice cream.  It makes me a healthier person, but not a better person.

I don't know why I felt like I needed to clarify this point, but I did feel that need; hence this post script.  Maybe I'll stew about this today and write more about it tomorrow.  Then again, maybe I won't.  It's always difficult to predict what will be on my mind tomorrow morning.  All I know is now that I have this off my chest I need to balance the checkbooks and update my cash forecast.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment