Friday, May 11, 2012

5/11/2012: San Diego

The "out of the normal routine" continues this weekend as Jack and I are in San Diego for Brianna's wedding. We arrived Wednesday at about noon and will be heading home Sunday evening. In spite of being away from home I have been diligent about exercising every day. There is a decent jogging route right outside the hotel's door so it is not too hard to just get up and go for my 60 minutes of jog/walking every morning. The hotel advertised a gym, but there is not one here so most of my exercise will be cardio while I am here. I don't need a gym to do situps, pushups, squats, or lunges; though, so I will try to get those in this afternoon. Jack and I also got a long walk in yesterday afternoon at the Torres Pines Nature Reserve, which was gorgeous! So, all in all, I have felt pretty good about the exercise portion of my program while we have been here in San Diego. I have not been as diligent about my diet though. I was doing OK until last night, making healthy and light choices for my meals at restaurants and avoiding entertainment options that involved eating (hence the hike in the park). I was feeling pretty good about the food until last night when we went to the Old Spaghetti Factory for Bri's rehearsal dinner. There I was, feeling a little out of the the loop, with food all around me. And I did what many people would do in that situation, I ate. Bread, chicken, a little pasta, a piece of cake. It's not like any of the food was particularly good, (thank goodness, or I probably would have eaten more of it) but it was there and I was looking for something to do. I have to weight myself on Monday when we get back and I need to be below my line, so for the next three days I am committed too continuing my exercise and to eating 1200 calories a day. I cannot let this trip derail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment