Monday, May 14, 2012

5/14/12: Back from San Diego with Decent Results & Week 11 Photo


5-10-11  Week 11 at Torrey Pine Nature Reserve, San Diego California
The whole time we were in San Diego I was thinking about what the scale would say when we got back.  The morning we left I weighed 205 pounds after gaining a few ounces from my birthday celebration.  My goal was to hold steady while we were on vacation and then I would have a little catch up to play the week we got back.  I stepped on the scale this morning with trepidation and was quite surprised, pleasantly surprised, with the result.  This morning I weighed 202.6 Pounds!  I have lost 21.4 pounds in 11 weeks!!  Hooray!!!!

While on vacation I was far from perfect with my exercise routine and my eating, though I tried to keep both reasonable during the five days we were gone.  Two of those five days I got up and jog/walked for an hour.  On the other days we managed to get quite a bit of walking in by choosing activities that required a lot of walking like going to the nature reserve and the zoo.  We also avoided food related activities as much as possible, except to eat the necessary meals.  At most meals I made the best choices possible from the available selection, focusing on proteins and trying to stay away from a lot of carbs.  When portions were large, I left food on my plate.  I only really overate once, and that was at the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding.  I felt so awful after that meal it reminded me not to do that again.

All in all, it worked out.  Two pounds lost while on vacation is success in my book!  Another potential disaster averted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment