Saturday, May 19, 2012

5/19/2012: Digging a Little Deeper

I did not want to go for my run today, not even a little bit. I'm not sure why, but it probably has something to do with the general malaise I was feeling today. In spite of not wanting to go, I managed to get my workout clothes on and my butt out the door. I thought I might end up walking the entire five miles, but I figured a five mile walk was better than an hour on the couch, so off I went. It turns out I ended up running more of the five miles than I have ever run before. After walking the first quarter mile for a warm up, I jogged the entire route, including the uphills, with the exception of about 100 yards where there is no trail and I have to cut through a parking lot. It wasn't easy, I was talking my body into it most of the way, but it felt really good when it was done. It felt like a real accomplishment! I may be sore tomorrow, but today I feel pretty dang good!

No comments:

Post a Comment