Friday, May 25, 2012

5/25/12: Breaking Through!!!

This morning the scale read 199.8!!!!  Hip Hip Hooray!!!!  I am out of the two-hundreds!!  That feels really, really good!!

The next big goal is 177 pounds.  That is what I weighed in July of 2007; shortly after I finished the Aids LifeCycle Ride for the first time and the morning of the day I was admitted to the hospital for an emergency hysterectemy and to have an ovary removed due to an ovarian torsion.  (Talk about pain!!  Nothing I've ever experienced hurt more than that ovarian torsion.).  I had worked hard to get to 177 pounds and was feeling really good.  I worked hard not to let the surgery derail me but, ultimately, it did.  I think it was the combination of a shift in hormones from having the ovary removed and the inability to do strenuous exercise for so many weeks.  Anyway, the weight started creeping up until I got into the 220s, which is where I was on February 27th, 2012, when I started this "Get Fit and Healthy so I Can Enjoy the Second Half of My Life," initiative.    When I get to 177 pounds I will feel like I have made up the ground that I lost over the last five years.  After that I will be venturing into territory that I have not been in for a very, very long time.

So, "Hello, one-nineties!  It's nice to see you but I won't be here long.  I have other places I need to be!!"

2 comments:

  1. YOU ........ARE...........AMAZING! Congrats on your successful begining down that path in the second half of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jules! I just gotta keep on working it! I appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete