Wednesday, May 23, 2012

5/23/12: Food and Wine Therapy; and I'm Counting Calories Again

As I've mentioned in a couple of my recent posts, I've been a little blue lately.  Last weekend I started taking some proactive steps to make changes to what is causing my blues, but last night I treated the symptoms with food.  It started at work with a few mini-Peppermint Patties from a co-worker's candy jar.  I thought once I got home I'd be fine, but I wasn't.  After eating a couple small handfuls of Jack's dark chocolate M&M's and the last five cookies (Pepperidge Farm Milanos) in the house, I opened the bottle of red wine that has been sitting in the wine rack for about a month.  I told myself I wouldn't eat much dinner, but yeah, that didn't work out too well, either.  I made chicken quesadillas, which aren't that bad as far as calories go since we use 60 calorie tortillas, with homemade guacamole.  I was only going to eat half of one, and really, after half I was satisfied.  But I finished the thing and had another glass of wine, to boot.  The end result?  I was full.  And I gained weight this morning.  And I've decided that I should stop being lazy about counting calories.  I'm not sure if calorie counting would have stopped me last night or not, but it would have at least been one more speed bump in the road and I can use all the speed bumps I can get.

So, you'll start getting my calorie and work-out recaps, once again. 

Tomorrow is my official weigh in day.  I hope the results tomorrow don't reflect my excesses of last night.  I guess we'll see soon enough...

4 comments:

  1. I wonder if grandkid therapy will be more effective?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing with grand kids in the house I'll be running off everything I can possibly eat. And it makes me happy to be around them. So yes, I think grand kid therapy will definitely help. We are really looking forward to having the girls here for a couple of weeks. We go to the camp orientation tonight, so we should know more about camp very soon!

      Delete
    2. You know what this is~ sugar addiction. once you turned to the peppermint patties, you were going down the sugar craving hell hole. I know because I have it too. You knew there would be ups and downs. Do what recovering addicts do~ quit sugar again and keep on quitting.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Ruth! I know you're right about the sugar addiction. I've known that I have a sugar addiction for some time, now. I feel a lot better today after being much more disciplined yesterday. I quit again! The chart helps so much, and so does the blog. Because when I do have a day like Tuesday it does not make much to get me back on track so that I'll see and be able to blog about the results I am looking for! I'm thinking I'll be right at 190 for Pat's wedding. Maybe not the 188 I told him when we were a the zoo, but pretty close!

      Delete