Thursday, May 31, 2012

5/31/12: Mid-week Weigh-In

I am half way through week 13 and I weighed 198.4 pounds this morning.  So far I have lost 25.6 pounds!  Some days, like today, I feel really good about that.  Some days, like yesterday, I'm frustrated that this is taking so long.  I've been having a funny mind game going on for the last week or so, ever since I dropped below 200 pounds.  I've been obsessed with making sure I don't end up getting to a weigh in day (which are Mondays and Thursdays) and weighing 200 pounds again.  It's about all I can think about.  I want to get to about 195 pounds right now so that I have a little cushion for my weight fluctuations.  But the fact of the matter is that I can't and won't lose 5 pounds overnight.  It will take me 3 weeks to lose five pounds.  It's just hard to be patient right now.  It helped a lot to get on the scale and see 198.4.  That gives me a little breathing room...

All in all, my weight loss has been incredibly steady over the last 13 weeks.  Sometimes I can't even believe it when I look at my line.  It's pretty cool to know that by Pat's wedding on June 30 I'll weigh about 190 pounds and by the time Jack and I go on vacation in September I'll be in the 170s.  That's what I hang on to when I get a little frustrated.  This process really is working, and it is working well.  I will get there.  I am doing this!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment