Monday, May 14, 2012

5/14/12 - Bri's Wedding

Brianna McKown Dawson 5/11/12
This beautiful bride is Jack's youngest daughter, Brianna.  She was married to Kyle Dawson on Friday, May 11th, in San Diego, which was the purpose of our trip. 

Brianna, Kyle and Jack
Here are the bride and groom, along with my husband, Jack, at the reception.
Roberta, Jack and our grandchildren
And here we are with our lovely grandchildren!
Roberta at Bri's wedding 5-11-12
My outfit for the wedding...still got a bit of a belly, I know, but I'm working on it!!

The reception was lovely, the bride was beautiful and it was great getting to spend time with the McKown side of the family.

We even got to spend a little bit of time with my brother George, my nephew Pat and his fiance, Heather, at the zoo on Saturday.  Pat and Heather are getting married on June 30.  We discovered that Pat and I have the same weight goal for his wedding, 188 pounds.  When I got home and looked at my chart I realized that my goal for June 30th is actually between 188 and 190 pounds, but that's cool.  I like push goals!  We'll see which one of us gets closer!  We were both at 204 on Saturday (or at least I thought I was, I didn't have a scale in San Diego).
Pat feeding the Rhino

Heather feeding the Rhino
George treated us to a VIP day at the zoo including the Back Stage Pass which got us up close and personal with several animals, including the opportunity to feed and pet the rhinos.  It was a great day!!  By the way, I ate nothing at the zoo in spite of the fact that George and Pat bought snacks and offered to share.  I waited until we went to dinner after the zoo and had a couple of awesome fish tacos at the Tin Fish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment