Thursday, August 16, 2012

August 15, 2012: Day 14 of 30

8/15/2012: Day 14 of 30
Morning weight: 177.4
Today's calorie count: 1542
Morning exercise: Strength training - see day 9
Evening exercise: 28 minute walk/jog  (8 minutes walking HR around 102; 20 minutes jogging HR around 105 for 4 minutes then 135 - 145 for rest of jog)
Alcohol consumption: None
Younger Next Year pages read: None
Notes from book: (Quotes and very near quotes are in italics) - None.

I've gotten a little busy this last couple of days and today will not be an exception.  The Business Banking group is doing a series of branch meetings and we have one this morning that starts at 7:30 and one this evening that won't be over until 7:30 tonight.  I should be able to get a few pages read at lunch today.  If I don't get caught up on my blogging about Younger Next Year before the weekend, I will definitely do it then.  I am looking forward to my 4 day weekend before my new job starts!!!!

Yesterday's workout was tough.  For some reason some days are just harder than others, and yesterday was one of those days.  I kept trying to imagine all the good things that were happening inside my body to my muscles and circulatory system, all that C-10 running around making my cells younger and stronger, and that kept me going!!!

I better run...I have that early morning meeting.  Catch up with you later!!!

1 comment:

  1. If all you skip on a 12 hour workday is the reading, well, that is fine. No demerits.

    In the 35 or so years that I have been exercising regularly, this is what I have found, regardless of the type of workout --
    About 70 percent of my workouts are average. I don't feel especially bad or good during the workout, but I always feel good after the workout. About 20 percent of my workouts are excellent. On those days, I feel like I can do anything. The final 10 percent simply suck. Usually I don't know why they suck. I just slog through those workouts and know that the next one will not be as bad. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete